Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bee Museum/Exhibition at Malacca

Reached Malacca, the historical town after Seremban. Most of the tourist attractions charge entrance fees, so we looked around for free entrance places and thus we found the World's Bee Museum.

The place was pretty small. We got to taste different types of honey. Including ginseng, vinegar and venom honey. The ones mentioned taste unpleasant actually. The rest were okay. In fact, the honey for tasting actually attracted lots of bees around it. Imagine sharing saliva with the bees if you taste the honey.

There were display glasses showing the types of different bees from around the world. I am lazy to explain the types and which country or part are they from, so I shall let the pictures do the talking. Ant looking bees Close-up take

Bees at work

The wasp-looking ones

Predator of the bees aka Big Ugly Lizard

Look how I capture the predator in action, I am pro after all.


Smaller bees




Okay....I have not been totally honest, the ones on display, shown above aren't exactly live bees including that big ugly lizard. They are just replica models capture of the bees in their natural moments. But they are pretty good in re-creating the exact moment of the bees in the wild.

Now, the real bees ( below) are the typical small bees which you find around your house areas and in the city areas.




The surface the bees are on is those man-made beehives. So thats pretty much about my visit to the bee museum. I do not really know much about bees myself, all I know is they sting, it hurts and you're poisoned. But they produce good sweetness which is honey. Thats all I and most of you people reading this know.


-Johnny signing out- *click*

No comments:

Visitor Counter